Tips to help prevent nail fungus
Here are some tips:
• Keep feet clean and dry.
• Avoid nail polish and acrylic nails, which prevent air from reaching the surface.
• Avoid walking barefoot in public showers, pools and locker room areas.
• Change shoes and socks frequently.
• Keep nails clipped short and straight across.
• Wear well-fitting socks and shoes made of breathable materials.
• Disinfect clippers and other instruments used to treat nails.
If you suspect you have nail fungus, do not hesitate to speak to a healthcare professional. The pain and discomfort related to nail fungus is best managed with the help of your doctor. Are you hiding your hands or feet due to embarrassment? Nail fungus is common and treatable. Do not let it burden your life.