Becoming an Affiliate Member
Are you involved with a skin patient support group and would like your group to be part of the CSPA network? Large or small, every not-for-profit group that is patient-focused is welcome to join!
Application to become a CSPA Affiliate Member
A CSPA Affiliate Member is a federally or provincially incorporated not-for-profit organization or registered charity that exists to help Canadians deal with a skin condition, disease or trauma by providing support, education, information, undertaking or supporting fundraising, research, or advocacy on their behalf. The Board of the CSPA must agree with the submitted membership.
As a matter of policy, which is designed to maintain the CSPA’s good standing in the community, the CSPA invites only organizations that share its vision and its approach to carrying on its affairs. Of particular importance to the CSPA and its stakeholders are the following:
- Patient-focused programming and initiatives
- Fiscal responsibility/transparency
- Unbiased neutrality concerning recommendations for treatments for diseases (no direct advertising for sponsors’ products in any materials or websites)
- A functioning governance model with structured clinical advice from a relevant health-care professional or team
- The organization cannot be solely funded by a single commercial entity